Monday, May 16, 2011

Time to Tengu

Recently I have started flying Tengu's as a replacement for my Golem. Although the Golem is a great ship for doing complexes and anomalies, it is a little slow at times. The Tengu being a cruiser based hull is much faster and more agile.
It's tanking capabilities are awesome, and I haven't ran into any troubles tanking a complex as of yet. The secret lies in movement. You just have to keep moving (I always circle a can or a wreck at 3000 metres). This way your small signature makes it hard for the battleships to hit you.
This combined with a good racial fit (easily up to 88-90%) and a nice shield booster you shouldn't have a hard time tanking.

Also the offensive systems are great. I fitted Heavy Missile Lauchers, and ofcourse the T2 kinitec missiles. Coupled with the right subsystems and rigs your rate of fire and damage should be enough to take out BS with ease.